SHARED DIRECTOR OF CATHOLIC FORMATION AND EVANGELIZATION
Saint Frances Cabrini Parish and Saint Mary’s Immaculate Conception Parish are seeking a shared Director of Catholic Formation and Evangelization. The main area of responsibility for this position is the oversight of the Rooted K-12 Family Formation Program at Saint Frances Cabrini Parish, which includes approx. 120 families. The position also oversees elementary and high school age sacramental preparation for Saint Frances Cabrini Parish, as well as adult sacramental initiation support / coordination for both parishes. Dedicated Catholic Formation office support staff are available to work under the direction of the Shared Director.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Start date is flexible; preferred date is July 1st, 2019, Please see full position description below. Please keep our search process in prayer.
Position Title: Shared Director of Catholic Formation and Evangelization
Compensation: Based on annual Archdiocesan personnel survey and personnel committee recommendation (Salaried)
Status: Full-time, exempt – Salary, Executive, Administrative and Learned Professional Exemptions. Shared ratio: SFC 90%, SMIC 10%
Primary Function of This Position:
The Shared Director of Catholic Formation assists the pastor in the oversight and coordination of catechetical formation primarily at Saint Frances Cabrini Parish, which encompasses formation programming for all ages. Main emphasis of responsibility is the family formation program at Saint Frances Cabrini. At Saint Mary’s, the Shared Director is responsible for oversight of adult formation and adult sacramental initiation.
Major Responsibilities and Regular Activities:
• At Saint Frances Cabrini, overseeing the whole-family (k-12) catechetical curriculum, ensuring that formation programing for all ages is successfully coordinated and implemented.
• For both parishes, oversees adult formation/ small faith group formation as time allows.
• At Saint Frances Cabrini Parish, is directly responsible for, or supervises volunteers who support, all sacramental initiation programming in accordance with Archdiocesan Sacramental and Formation Guidelines. This includes infant baptisms, elementary first Confessions and Communions, and High School Confirmation, and adult initiation. At Saint Mary’s, is responsible for, or supervises all volunteers who support adult sacramental initiation.
• Works in close collaboration with the Director of Elementary and High School formation at Saint Mary’s Parish, with the Director of the Journey Special needs formation program hosted at Saint Frances Cabrini Parish, and closely with the Cabrini School principal to best meet the formation needs of the parishes as a team.
• Works in close collaboration with the Shared Community Life Coordinator to foster activities that build up the community life of each parish and are evangelical in nature.
• At both parishes is responsible for overseeing the annual budgets of the various formation programs in conversation with the directors of those specific areas.
• Supervision and evaluation of other Catholic formation staff as described below.
• Attends pastoral staff meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.
Staff Liaison/Cmte Member
• Linked Catholic Formation and Evangelization Committees of both parishes
Skills, Knowledge and abilities:
• Must be able to work with all ages effectively.
• Must be able to manage/supervise support staff
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills that utilize contemporary media required.
• Knowledge of Archdiocesan policies and guidelines for formation ministry, youth and adult-specific.
• Creative problem solving abilities
• Managerial or human resource experience
Education, training and/or experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Catholic theology preferred.
• Prior experience in parish ministry settings preferred.
• Prior experience in parish management of other employees recommended.
• Must be a Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church
This position is supervised by: Shared Pastor
This position supervises: Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic Formation support staff / clerical assistants.